Saturday, November 27, 2010

A Night in the Kitchen.....


One night, no flash, only my 50mm lens.


So, Rob and I met when Tracey and I opened the restaurant 12 years ago. Shortly thereafter I asked him to come by and take some action shots, during service that we could use for promo and press release type stuff. He got some great images and he actually he shot film! I would love to be able to share some of those shots with you in the future.

Well tonight, he surprised me, hung out in the kitchen, snacked, drank, and he and I had a great time talking. Each of us doing our thing. I would be lying if I didn't say, that it took me a bit to relax and focus. I guess I don't like surprises. Yet, I was able to settle into a groove and do what I do.

We have both come a long way. Started families, Furthered and expanded our businesses, Self published a cook book, and now we are having fun with this blog collaboration.

I think his photos speak for themselves. But, I will offer you a few comments as you scroll along.





drying some herbs from the parking lot garden



the omnipotent black steel pans. I couldn't do it without them.



Cauliflower Steak for a vegetarian...












Finding my groove.





Marinated Oranges with Port Wine Sabayon as a dessert for a lactose intolerant customer.


loosing focus?





Panko Crusted Bass with Soy Butter...


nice little steaks!







Prince Edward Island Mussels Steamed in White Wine.



one more steak...



kitchenheather...


everyone ordered scallops tonight.


This fine gentleman had an amazing meal and insists I am lying about my age!

I have to say that all in all it was a pretty uneventful night. I hope you enjoyed your backstage tour.


No comments:

Post a Comment